Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Three Beautiful Things 08/20/08: Louie, Snug Bite, Salary

1. A whole table of my North Idaho friends were having dinner tonight with Louie Dunbar who almost never gets to come back to the Silver Valley. They called me and I got to talk to each of them. It was really great to talk with Louie. I hope I'll get to see him one day soon in person. The last time I saw him was in '92 at our twenty year reunion. We provided play by play commentary while our classmates did the hokey-pokey.

2. I can type. It seems to be good physical therapy and seems to loosen up the hand Snug bit. Details, here.

3. The Deke came home from new faculty orientation with good news. She gets a full paycheck at the end of the month. We thought it would come in October. We were so wrong. The master's degree she earned at the U of O in French will place her higher on the pay schedule. The Deke's getting this job is better news all the time.

No comments: