Sunday, August 17, 2008

Three Beautiful Things 08/17/08: Stepdaughter Slumber, Pink Floyd Slumber, 2Corgis.blogspot.com

1. My stepdaughters went out on the town last night with Adrienne's husband, his brother and his partner, and with a longtime friend of Adrienne's and Nathan's. I envied them! But, late this morning I knocked on the Deke's door, peeked in, and my stepdaughters were sleeping on the Deke's bed and it was a sweet sight I haven't seen for years.

2. I love putting on an album, let it wash over me, and if it puts me to sleep, let it do so. The music provides soundtrack for my dreams. I did just that with Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here". I fell into slumber during the "Have a Cigar Track" and Snug woke me up during the album ending suite "Shine on You Crazy Diamond". God. Sleep and Pink Floyd are refreshing together. (So is sleep and The Grateful Dead. I used to love to sleep during long Jerry Garcia riffs at the Oakland Coliseum Arena! And not for bad reasons.)

3. If you'd like to find out what the two Corgis in our household have on their minds, the Deke has set up a blog for them. They are precocious dogs. Just go here.

No comments: