Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Three Beautiful Things 08/31/10: "Rockford Files", Caring for Olivia, Hamburger Dinner

1. For the fun of it, I watched an episode of the "Rockford Files" this morning and marveled, as I always have, at the ease of James Garner. It was a great show and his effortless appearing acting is at the heart of what makes the show so terrific.

2. I served as my granddaughter Olivia's babysitter for about three hours this afternoon. It's the first time I've ever done such a thing! Olivia was supposed to nap for a good length of time, but she woke up within ten minutes of Molly departing. So, I brought Olivia upstairs and fed her, read books with her, watched some Popeye on YouTube, played with toys on the floor, helped her walk around the house. We had a good time and she was happy. I also took a lot of photographs of her in her high chair. Here's an example of one:


3. I drew upon some cooking tips I picked up from about four minutes of watching Rachel Ray and Shaquille O'Neal cook burgers and fixed the Deke and Molly some hamburger mixed with eggs, sauteed onion, Worsteshire sauce, and garlic powder, made paddies, fried them up, and made some corn. It was simple, but from the sounds of their groans of pleasure, the Deke and Molly were pleased with the simple meal I prepared this evening.

1 comment:

Christy Woolum said...

Stay with Rachel Ray... she has amazing,easy recipes that are very delicious. Every photo you took of Olivia is amazing. I don't know how I will get through all I need to show Mom this week-end.