Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Three Beautiful Things 09/20/10: Pot Roast, Pot Roast Result, Mom's Pot Roast Help

1. Saturday I bought a chuck roast and finally this afternoon the time was right for me to coat it with flour, pepper, garlic powder, and Montreal steak seasoning, brown all sides of it, put some water in the electric frying pan, surround the roast with red pepper, celery, mushrooms, potatoes, and carrots, cover the pan and let it all slow cook.

2. The family was unanimous in their assessment of tonight's roast dinner: perfect.

3. I'm never too old to call my mom for advice and about halfway through getting this roast cooked, I called my mom (aka MIWW) to make sure I was doing things right. She was duly impressed that I was doing so much right, especially since I'd never cooked a roast in an electric fry pan before. (Fact is, in college, I mostly used my electric frying pan to make Hamburger Helper.) After dinner, I called her again with the good news that the roast was a success, met enthusiastically by young and old alike around the dinner table!

No comments: